Sunday, August 14, 2022

Missed a day, that's ok. I'm a proud band mama





I was on a roll of each day posting... 

The day got away from me yesterday & it almost did today as well. I think I was sidetracked & then it was time for the show. So I'm behind a day in it. 

It's always so great getting to see Eleanor & the Pretty Things play, especially when it's their home turf of their usual spot. Alchemy is in an even better building now, saying goodbye to the one with all those stairs is not missed by anyone but I know especially the bands having to lug up all their stuff up & down those damn stairs.

To ease in to this being the bass players first ever gig, they did their set in the basement before the show. It was nice getting to have a dance party in the living room before the show. 

My bestie & I got into the car & headed to the show. We got there so early, which is a first for us. The nice thing about being the band mom is that I know when their set is to know when to come but we decided to check out the band before us, watch them play & then head out. In some ways it's really great that these shows at Alchemy are so early when they're on the early side of the bill, that way we can continue on with our evening & the band gets to enjoy the other people there without it being so late.

There's a new sound working for them & it was so epic. The sound in there was incredible. Also I was really amused & thought it was so cool that he had his board hooked up to a tablet so that he could move around. I just thought it was so great & gave the ability to have him hear what sounds were throughout the venue. I think this was the best sounding show that ETPT had ever had in my opinion. I have been to a LOT of their shows, I was trying to figure how many I have been to, I'll have to sit down & actually count to see because I'm sure it probably surpasses most of the bands I've followed. But it was really awesome being able to clearly hear the vocals along with the instruments. 

I'm hopeful, and I know they are too, that they get the 'new' music out into the public released that they recorded last fall. It's pretty much mastered & ready, I think it just needs fine tuning before it gets out to everyone. But it's always cool getting to hear them play it on a stage & live. There's nothing better than that. The energy that these 4 have & the passion they give out to the crowd is amazing being 20 something's. 

It's incredible to hear the original ideas that they have for music come to life & watch them pour out their feelings to an audience is so cool.

They played their set, I gave high 5's & hugs & as my son was breaking down his equipment, he was like so you guys out of here? Well yes, he knows us well but I did still want to say goodbye. It was pretty funny. He wasn't wrong, we were leaving right after but still. The best thing about them playing so early, was that it was still light out when we headed out of the venue & enjoyably went to dinner. 

I'm ready for their next show. I think it'll be really great. They just keep getting better. It makes me such a proud mama, to all of the boys- even if just one of them is biologically mine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment